Updated Wednesday March 12th at 4:48pm
Due to the Coronavirus being up graded to a global pandemic events across the country have been cancelled or postponed.
On Wednesday, Gov. Gina Raimondo offered new recommendations which included urging residents to not organize or attend events involving 250 people or more while the CDC is recommending suspending all non essential travel.
Get up to date information from the Centers of Disease Control Here.
· Providence Mayor Elorza declares State of Emergency discouraging gatherings of more than 100 people. Restaurants can serve only 100 people.
· All Providence city events cancelled
· Providence St. Patrick’s Day Parade - cancelled (3/21)
· Home Show at Convention Center – Canceled (4/2—4/5)
· Saltwater Fishing Show at Convention Center - Canceled (3/27—2/29)
· Dunkin Donuts Center (including P-Bruins)– All event canceled for two weeks
· URI – Classes canceled 3/16-3/20. All Classes online 3/23-4/3
· CCRI - All Classes online
· RIC – Classes cancelled through 3/20. All Classes online starting 3/2
· JWU – All Classes online
· Providence College - All Classes online
· Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade (3/14) – cancelled
· RI Philharmonic concerts (3/13 and 3/14)- canceled
· Special Olympics Torch Run Plunge (3/29) – canceled
· Twin River Casino – All major events cancelled through March (Boxing, Concerts, Craft Beer Festival)
· NEW ** NCAA Basketball Tournament cancelled
· NEW** MLB –Suspends operations. Spring Training halted. Opening Day delayed two weeks.
· RIIL – High school basketball and hockey tournaments – Being played without spectators
· PC Basketball- Big East Tournament canceled
· URI Basketball- Atlantic 10 Tournament canceled (in Brooklyn 3/11-3/15)
· PC HOCKEY- Hockey East Tournament cancelled
· NHL – Season suspended
· NBA - season suspended
· MLS soccer suspends season
· PGA – Golf tournaments to continue without spectators for the next month. The Masters will update status next week.
Photo Credit: Getty/Anton Petrus