Rhode Island state officials have announced that restaurants may begin serving diners outdoors next week. Full details will be announced on the website: https://www.reopeningri.com/ by Monday night 5/11.
- Outdoor restaurant dining opens on 5/18
- Indoor dining not allowed.
- Dining by reservation only
- Patrons will be asked for contact info when making reservations, in case tracking is needed for health reasons. Restaurants are asked to keep contact info on file for 30 days.
- Restaurant patrons must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. "Self screening" using a poster is allowed.
- Maximum party of 5 people
- Tables must be spaced 8 feet apart or separated by barrier
- No more than 20 tables in any restaurant
- Menus must be disposable, chalk board or digital only
- Utensils must be disposable or sanitized between use
- Tables and chairs must be sanitized between parties
- Salad bars and buffets prohibited
- Cashless transactions encouraged.
- No valet parking
- Full details will posted on https://www.reopeningri.com/ by Monday night 5/11
Among the new COVID-19 case data announced on Monday:
- 176 new cases, the fewest daily count in over a month. Total cases 11.450
- 8 New fatalities. Total = 430.
graphics and data: RIDOH https://ri-department-of-health-covid-19-data-rihealth.hub.arcgis.com/ and https://www.reopeningri.com/