Recently, Jimmy Fallon asked his viewers to let him know what made their high school weird with the hashtag #MyHighSchoolWasWeird. He got a lot of great responses. You can check out some of the highlighted responses on the Upworthy article here. There's a video from The Tonight Show for you to enjoy below as well.
But was YOUR high school weird? I think mine was pretty strange in retrospect!
- The mascot was "The Mountaineer". No shoes. Tattered clothes. An excellent option for mascots!
- As you approached the school, you'd drive by "the Hill" where every underage smoker was ripping butts in a 20 square foot space!
- Narcoleptic teacher who was sweating, swearing or sleeping a LOT
- Bathrooms without doors so we wouldn't get up to "shenanigans"
- Freshman lockers were in the basement section of the building called "the Dungeon"
- A vernal pond in the front of campus called "Frosh Pond" because every year a freshman was thrown in!
- A 24 hour volleyball tournament where coeds stayed overnight, mostly unsupervised in a giant high school building!
Does that make my high school the weirdest? Not by a long shot! But check out the video below of some strange happenings in schools around the country (pay particular attention to Will C. Wood High School!!).